Our team of sports dietitians are here to help you reach your health and performance goals so you can play longer, harder and better. We provide strategic nutrition planning and behavioral change coaching to help individuals, coaches, and teams achieve a higher level of performance. We understand there is no one-size-fits all approach and our RDs will work with you to help you become the healthiest and strongest version of yourself.
Our coaching program is designed to support athletes around the world. Coaching services are provided remotely, usually via phone or video call. However, if you live in Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada, we’d love to meet you in person!
All of our consultations include a personalized nutrition plan that includes a holistic diet & lifestyle evaluation, recommendations to support performance and recovery, and resources to accomplish your goals.
What You Can Expect in Your Consult
- Comprehensive evaluation of your current diet, training, and lifestyle habits
- Detailed nutrition plan in the form of a report, outlining which habits are supporting your current training goals and which ones could use improvement
- Behavioral coaching and goal setting to develop your custom nutrition plan
Plus, any variation of the following:
- Personalized pre-workout, intra-workout, and post-workout nutrition guidelines
- Hydration, electrolyte, and fueling plans for training and competition
- Custom meal plans for optimal performance and recovery
- Strategic plan to support changes in body composition to improve performance and health (weight gain, weight loss, body fat loss, muscle gain, etc.)
- Targeted strategies to optimize recovery time
- Return-to-play medical nutrition therapy to support rehab post-injury
- Guidelines for safe, effective sports nutrition supplements
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation guidelines
- Recipe ideas and resources
- Shopping guides and grocery store tours (location permitting)
Base Camp Package
Athletes with general nutrition concerns or those who just need a quick tune up!
Clouds Rest Package
$150 + $85/Month*
- Initial consult
- Bi-weekly follow-up consults (30 min)
- 25% Off Grocery Mkt Tour
- 25% Off Pantry Makeover
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Body Composition Change
Event-Specific Training Plans
* Minimum 2 month commitment
$150 + $150/Month*
- Initial consult (60 min)
- 12 Follow-Up Consults (30 min)
- 35% Off Grocery Mkt Tour
- 35% Off Pantry Makeover
Elite Athletes, Ironman Training Plans, Diet Transformations, Complex Medical Nutrition Therapy, Long-Term Behavior Change, Transitioning to a Plant-Based Performance Lifestyle, Fueling the Whole Family (addressing nutrition needs of multiple family members)
*minimum 3-month commitment
*Payment plans available–contact for more details.
Grocery Market Tours
- 30-minute phone consult
- 1-2 hour tour
Let us be your personal RD Grocery Consultant! Bring your shopping list and meet your RD at your local grocery store for a guided shopping experience tailored to meet your nutrition goals.
Aisle by aisle, we will provide printable resources and tips for selecting all the best food choices to keep your performance pantry stocked like the pros.
- Meal Planner & Shopping List Templates
- How to Read a Food Label
- How to Select the Best Cereals, Breads, and Yogurts (there are so many options!)
- How to Shop Seasonally (and some good cookbook recommendations!)
- The Dirty Dozen Organic Pocket Food Guide
- Healthy On-the-Go Snacks
Available in Reno/Tahoe Region Only
- 30-minute phone consult
- 2-hour home visit
Health Starts in the Kitchen!
Make sure your kitchen is supporting your goals with the expertise of a professional sports RD. We will come to your home and provide a detailed evaluation of your pantry, fridge, and freezer, and provide recommendations for healthier alternatives, storage tips, and how to keep your produce fresh longer (because everyone hates wasted herbs!).
By the end of the appointment, you will learn which foods every performance pantry should never be without, and how to efficiently plan an anti-inflammatory menu.
Available in Reno/Tahoe Region Only
LEAP | Food Sensitivity and Inflammation Eating Plan
Is Your Food Making You Sick?
Are you suffering from a stubborn health problem that won’t go away no matter what you try? Or perhaps the medications and treatments you’re taking aren’t actually getting at the root cause of your illness – but you want something that will? If you feel this way, or know someone that does, consider some important facts:
- Research has shown that sensitivities to food and food-chemicals can be involved in a wide array of painful symptoms and chronic health problems
- Sensitivities are a type of inflammatory reaction that is entirely different than food allergies
- If foods and additives in your diet are contributing to your illness, medications only mask the symptoms. They don’t treat the underlying cause of the symptoms – hidden inflammation caused by sensitivity reactions to foods and food-chemicals
- And as is too often the case, many medications have side effects that can lead to other health problems
If food sensitivities are causing your illness and you don’t properly address them, you could easily end up suffering for many years, spending money for treatments that will never address the root cause of your symptoms.
An All-Too-Common Problem
Tens of millions of Americans suffer from food sensitivities. Many know that sometimes foods seem to cause symptoms, but they haven’t been able to figure out their reactive foods, so they keep on suffering. Conditions such as:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Acid reflux
- Migraine and other headaches
- Weight imbalances
- Chronic fatigue
- Skin eruptions
- Brain fog
And many other uncomfortable lingering health problems are often directly related to hidden inflammatory reactions to the foods we eat. Even so called “healthy” and “anti-inflammatory” foods such as salmon, parsley, turmeric, ginger, blueberries, or garlic can provoke inflammation and symptoms in sensitive individuals.
MRT®: The Best Way to Identify Hidden Inflammatory Foods
The first thing a food sensitivity sufferer needs to do is identify their inflammatory foods and food-chemicals. In the past, this has been easier said than done for many reasons:
- Food sensitivity reactions may be delayed by hours to days after ingestion. Even if you suspect food sensitivities, would you consider that the headache you have right now was caused by something you ate yesterday?
- Food sensitivities are dose-related. This means a small or moderate amount of a reactive food may not cause any noticeable symptoms, but a larger amount does. Or perhaps when you eat 2-3 moderately reactive foods at the same time, you get symptoms. But if you ate only 1 of those foods you wouldn’t.
- If that wasn’t enough of a challenge, reactive foods vary widely from person to person, even if they have the same symptoms
- There are usually many reactive foods and food-chemicals, not just one or two.
There are also complexities with how the inflammatory process occurs inside the body making it impossible for traditional allergy tests to identify sensitive foods. Remember – these are sensitivities not allergies. The patented Mediator Release Test (MRT®) is a simple but very powerful blood test. MRT® is the only blood test that quantifies the inflammatory response to foods and food-chemicals, letting you know not just which foods you should stay away from, but more importantly which foods are your BEST foods – those with the lowest level of reactivity. Independent studies confirm MRT® is the most accurate and most comprehensive blood test available for food and food-chemical reactions. The information MRT® provides directly translates into the most effective therapy – the LEAP Anti-Inflammatory Eating Plan. LEAP is the most effective therapy because it routinely produces the most complete results in the shortest time possible. For people who desire additional support beyond the testing alone, dietary counseling from Certified LEAP Therapists is available. LEAP dietary care provides you the opportunity to get the maximum benefit from your testing. World class athletes have used LEAP to help them perform at their absolute best. Find out today if your health problems stem from food sensitivities. You’ll be glad you did.
We offer group education and presentations to build a cohesive team approach to nutrition within your organization or team. Presentations review current, evidence-based research guidelines for performance nutrition and specific strategies to apply these concepts in daily life and training. Group services are customized to meet your team’s needs and goals. All presentations include access to presentation slides, educational handouts, and a Q&A session.
Topics May Include:
- Performance Nutrition Basics – Building the Foundation
- Nutrient Timing (before, during, and after training)
- Eating on the Road
- Fueling the Young Athlete (for parents)
- College Prep (for soon-to-be NCAA athletes)
- Weight Management (In Season vs. Off Season)
- Hydration Strategies
- Coaching Behavior Change
- Intuitive Eating
If you are interested in Group Services for your team, group or company, please contact us for additional details and pricing.